Medical marijuana edibles can be very powerful and easily deceiving when taking them for the first time. An average person needs only 10mg to feel the effects of these and they should only be taken in moderation. Consuming marijuana via edibles is a healthier approach than smoking as it causes no damage to the lungs, however, can take longer to metabolize and feel the effects. Edibles are also quite a bit more powerful than your traditional smoking of marijuana as they may pack more THC than your typical ‘hit.’ The effects may last a lot longer.
We would like to outline some factors to consider when consuming edibles:
1. 10mg is the recommended dosage for an average person. If trying for the first time, begin with 5mg and wait one hour to assess before consuming more.
2. Pay attention to product labels, as these will tell you how to gauge the amount you can intake without going overboard.
3. Do not operate a vehicle after consuming edible marijuana.
4. Do not consume marijuana in public, it should only be consumed in your own home.
5. Set time aside to relax – the effects can last several hours so please consume responsibly.
To learn more about safely consuming marijuana, click here.